- Gahanna, OHIO
- December 13, 2018
I am most interested in an entry-level engineering position. I am graduating from Otterbein University in May 2019 with a Bachelors in Systems Engineering and am looking to apply the engineering skills that I have mastered. I am looking for an entry-level engineering job within 60 miles of Columbus, Ohio. I have a lot of experience as an engineer already as I have had three internships dealing with engineering. I have listed my field experience below.
My work experience has helped prepare me for the challenging rolls that engineers face. I have held three previous internship positions. First, in the summer of 2016 I interned at Lake Shore Cryotronics, Inc. in Westerville, Ohio. My work included computer aided design for parts generation and assembly of a vibrating sample magnetometer. Second, in the summer of 2017 I was a Makerspace Engineering Intern at Otterbein University. At that position, I assisted with prototype development for entrepreneurs and small businesses. Lastly, in the summer of 2018 I was an engineering intern at the Sherwin-Williams powder paint plant in Grove City, Ohio. There I used CAD software to design possible plant improvements, as well as used problem assessment and design skills to keep the paint lines running smoothly.
Furthermore, my academic coursework has prepared me for the next step of an engineering internship. In particular, I have successfully completed Automated Systems, Electrical Systems, Material Science, Production Processes, Statics of Materials, and high-level mathematics and physics classes. I am disciplined and hardworking, as evidenced by the fact that I maintained strong grades while participating as a member of the Otterbein University men’s soccer team from 2014 through 2017.
As an engineer, I hope to solve real world challenges by taking ideas from conception to reality.
Automated systems, Eletrical engineering, Production systems, and high level mathematics course load.
Well versed engineer overall.
* Obtained quotations from third party fabricators
* Temperature tested powder paint cooling systems
* Shadowed and supported maintenance service team to maintain production lines
* Designed, built, and tested a tablet mount using SolidWorks and a laser cutter for the company edgeThingz
* Designed part used in the assembly of a vibrating sample magnetometer
* Created vibration isolation washers by cooperating with engineers from companies such as Sorbothane and Korfund Dynamics
* Ran tests on vibrating sample magnetometer