Software Engineering - Full Stack Developer - Intermediate
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Software Engineering - Full Stack Developer - Intermediate in Columbus, OH 43240
We place consultants for end clients all over USA.
Job Title: Software Engineering - Full Stack Developer - Intermediate
Location: Columbus, OH 43240
Expected Duration: 06 Months Contract with possible extension or permanent depending on performance of the candidate and client needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information, and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role is within Asset Management Operations & Compliance Technology Team, as an application developer, based in Columbus, to be part of a global dynamic, high-performing DevOps team, working on a multi-year program to develop a Global Cash Management platform. The team follows the Agile (Scrum) process and development is based on BDD principles. Candidates should be self-driven/motivated/passionate about technology, possess strong inter-personal skills, as well as proven track record of delivering high-quality technical solutions, under demanding circumstances. The role will involve working with business users as well as Technology team members within the Columbus OH and overseas.
The role will include the following major functions/responsibilities:
* Collaborate with business partners. Focus on delivering results, prioritizing needs while dealing with ambiguity
* Design, implement, test and maintain major server-side components and UI including data model, data access objects, and application logic.
* Perform production support activities and resolve production issues including L1/L2 issues
* Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to architectural specifications
* Ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit testing, documentation and maintenance as appropriate.
* 8+ years of hands-on software development experience
* Java 8 development experience preferably using the IntelliJ IDE / Eclipse IDE
* Cloud development experience with Cloud Foundry / AWS Cloud or other cloud platforms
* Indepth understanding of design patterns and ability to implement robust design solution
* Experience using Tomcat, WebSphere or a similar Enterprise Application Server
* Knowledge of the Spring Framework 4.0 and above.
* Knowledge of the Spring Boot Framework 1.5 and above.
* Knowledge of the REST & SOAP Web Services
* Knowledge of JPA and Hibernate ORM framework.
* Knowledge of Web UI development.
* Understanding of XML based messages and schema
* RDBMS experience - develop complex SQL queries
* Java Messaging Service (JMS)
* Good understanding of Java concurrency
* Experience with Maven 3.x
* Skills for technical analysis & design of business solutions
Desirable Skills (but not essential):
* Microservices / Cloud Native architecture understanding
* Angular / React UI experience
* Mule ESB / Spring Integration / Spring Cloud Data Flow understanding
* Understands DevOps and worked in a DevOps role
* UI testing tool/framework experience with Selenium / Karma / Jasmine / QTP
* Experience with Sybase / distributed database
* GIT/Stash & Branching strategies
* CI/CD understanding preferably with Jenkins pipelines
* Experience in Agile Scrum Methodology for Software development
* Experience in TDD/BDD practices (The application uses Cucumber, but even exposure to tools like FitNesse/Concordion would help)
* Solid UNIX skills
* BS, MS in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
* Possess good verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
* Possess analytical and critical thinking skills
* Self-motivation, good communication skills and team player.
* Fluency in programming skills
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
"We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration."
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 132876 when responding to this ad.