Entry Level Accounting and Finance candidates, Vaco is working with an established financial firm in the Columbus area to help them find motivated accounting and finance graduates for an accountant position. This position offers the opportunity to secure a stable position right out of school and will provide long-term growth opportunities. Great company, good culture and looking for a team player.
If you have an accounting or finance degree and have 0-2 years of experience and are looking for a new position, apply today!
The Accountant assists in maintaining all daily and monthly processing requirements for assigned business units; and assists with monthly close process, including review of financial statements for completeness and accuracy.
- Assists with month-end activities and creates journal entries
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining and recording and files
- Prepares account reconciliations and communicates financial adjustment requirements
- Processes monthly closing reports and preparation of financial reports for assigned companies. Audits preliminary results and communicate any improprieties or operational concerns to upper management
- Posts monthly accrual journal entries, fixed assets and depreciation
- Financial reporting, prepares supporting schedules, and analyzes data
- Assists with accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing and payroll when necessary
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Some accounting experience preferred but not required
- Intermediate Excel skills(Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand financial reports
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships