Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
What You’ll Do
The Accounts Receivables Specialist position focuses on high volume contact in collecting and reconciling disputes with customers; controlling and preventing the continuation of outstanding past due receivables while ensuring customer satisfaction and proactive sales engagement.
- Provides timely resolution of past due and disputed items with customers to ensure continued relationship
- Collaborates with customer, sales and management to resolve various issues
- May analyze information and communicates to supervisor as needed to determine next course of action
- Mitigates customer risk by asking the right questions, reviewing credit and setting appropriate credit line
- Ensures customer accounts are in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and all internal/external controls
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed supporting organizational requirements
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed to support Credit & Receivable requirements
- Exercises some judgment and initiative in resolving outstanding customer issues
What You’ll Need
- 1 - 2 years of business-to-business or consumer collection experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience working with MS Office Suite, with strong Excel skills
- Ability to manage work load to a deadline
- Excellent negotiation skill, ability to gain trust and confidence with customers, management and peers
- Ability to identify root cause issues, offer possible solutions and/or next course of action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a public company preferred
- Knowledge of collection principles with ability to reconcile credits & debits
- Excellent customer service (internal & external)
- Cross functional team collaboration
- Ability to prioritize workload
What We Offer
Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.