- Grove City, United States
- November 11, 2018
5965 Harrisburg-Georgesville Rd. #10
Grove City, OH 43123
Seasoned business and people leader seeking new opportunities to positively impact organizational development and growth in the non-profit field.
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
English Language Facilitator Volunteer
Peace Corps Tonga - 'Ohonua, 'Eua; Fasi, Tongatapu July 2017 to Present
Tupou Tertiary Institute (TTI) Learning Center Support Team – (June 2018 – November 2018)
• Hold seminars for students and staff on time management, academic honesty, meeting APA expectations, interview skills, study and research skills, exam preparation, and presentation skills.
• Maintain office hours from 9am-4pm, excluding class lectures, in order to provide one-on-one support for students.
• Teach Business, Economics, and Marketing classes, updating information relevant to the Kingdom of Tonga via partnership with parliamentary members and local business owners.
Sight Word Book Coordinator – The writing and publication of books to assist Tongan primary school learners in English literacy.
• Recruit Volunteers to take part in the book publishing process.
• Bimonthly meetings to measure progress in the editing/illustrating process.
• Partnership with TTI Tongan counterparts to find host country national participation.
• Approve final edits and submit for publication.
• Obtain funding for the project via grant writing and partnerships with multiple Rotary Clubs in New Zealand and the United States.
TTI/American Corner Reading Program
• Recruit TTI students and Peace Corps Volunteers to take part in the weekly reading program offered to local Tongan children.
• Guide children in active participation in shared reading of various books in English.
• Promote mutual respect among male and female students.
‘Eua High School – (November, 2017 – June 2018)
• Repaired and opened the school library, including a check-in/check-out process that students and staff were trained to complete in order to keep the library active upon my departure.
• Taught Form 2 (Class 8) English class.
• Taught Fitness & Movement class, as needed.
Peace Corps – Peer Support & Diversity Network (PSDN). Elected Leader for 2017-2018
• Guide communication between staff and Volunteers to ensure challenges presented are dealt with in a timely manner that best supports Volunteer needs.
• Delegate diversity and inclusion training sessions to PSDN Volunteers while guiding them on context and presentation, including feedback from staff or other Volunteers that allows for improvement on future sessions.
• Ensure confidentiality and documentation requirements are adhered to.
• Select, train, and develop new members.
LEGO Brand Retail - Cleveland, OH October 2011 to June 2017
• Demonstrated outstanding partner and customer experience through active performance management and collaboration with three LEGO Brand Retail teams on role expectations and ownership of success.
• Developed and maintained operational efficiencies to maximize profits while promoting a team mentality in a store with a volume of $5+ million.
• Developed leaders for future growth; with four supervisors promoted to Assistant Store Manager, and ten Brick Specialists to Supervisors within the past two years. Leaders were developed by utilizing competencies that relate to people relationships; specifically, people leadership, team leadership, collaboration, and results orientation.
•Directed staff from three stores on performance, behavior, and goal achievement via Human Resources partnerships and documentation.
• Achieved highest ranking for LEGO Brand Retail stores within a three year period, raising the rank of my initial store in Beachwood, OH from #67 to #1.
• Conducted LEGO Club meetings that included storytelling and creative building; working with children between the ages of 5-14.
• Provided leadership and guidance with regards to ethical business decisions based on code of conduct and federal and/or state law.
Freedonia - Mayfield Heights, OH October 2010 to October 2011
• Developed analytical reports regarding manufacturing practices in BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India & China), along with South Korea and Germany.
• Edited papers written by cohorts for content and style.
State of Ohio
March 1997 to June 2007
• Worked with several school systems throughout the state of Ohio to continue student education in the absence of regular educators.
• Lakota School District and Fostoria City schools - Worked long term assignments that required me to develop lesson plans based on absent educator's curriculum, with Literature and Secondary English courses.
Master's in Business Administration in Business Administration
Franklin University - Columbus, OH
Education, Special Education
The Ohio State University
Bachelor's in Fine Arts in Fine Arts
Bowling Green State University - Bowling Green, OH