- Dublin, Ohio, United States
- June 17, 2019
Experienced Project Manager
Driven to make a difference in environmental conservation with effective partnerships & successful fundraising
Leader who specializes in advancing regional priorities by developing efficient and productive implementation processes; effectively communicating; creating or capitalizing on opportunities; and facilitating strong collaborations. Productive manager who uses strengths in relationship building, problem solving and efficient implementation to achieve success.
- Grant Writing & Administration
- Hiring / Training / Development
- Volunteer Program Development
- Non-Profit Organizations & Fundraising
- Partnerships & Community Relations
- Concept Development & Strategic Planning
- Natural Resources Management
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Practices
● Developed urban conservation concepts around equity and inclusion in environment, enhancing support for children’s education through outdoor-based learning.
● Directed management and maintenance of 5 nature preserves totaling 1,500 acres, including 2 preserves open to the public with ADA trails, boardwalks and interpretive signage, providing new and innovative enhancements to the community.
● Assisted with private fundraising including cultivation and relationship building, participating in special events, creating of project proposals and reports, helping maintain and grow donor support and engagement.
● Participated in marketing, communications, and media, identifying target audiences and promoting initiatives.
● Volunteered to lead Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team, convening team and facilitating creation and implementation of actionable plan to improve the equitability and inclusivity of work.
● Voluntarily revived latent sustainability team and participated in examining carbon footprint, purchasing and office habits to improve programmatic sustainability.
● Awarded and administered $2M in federal, state and private grant funding for multiple projects throughout northeast Ohio including restoration, recreation and education.
● Devised plans and lead renovation of retired summer camp into the ‘Grand River Conservation Campus,’ a hub for nature-based education.
● Managed Conservation Campus and oversaw maintenance and repairs for 2 dozen buildings, Class A wastewater treatment plant, public drinking water system, extensive roads and related infrastructure.
● Ensured state and federal legal requirements and deadlines were met, testing (water quality, asbestos), quality assurance planning and implementation and reporting on outcomes.
● Oversaw creation of new public trails and canoe launch, helping ensure ADA compliance with new construction and retrofit of older buildings and amenities.
● Developed new nature center, volunteer workforce and volunteer-led outdoor education programming, providing a resource never existing in previous years.
● Managed and maintained 9 nature preserves totaling 2,000+ acres including leadership of volunteer program, wetland restoration, invasive plant control, trail building and maintenance, ADA compliance, data collection, and neighbor and community relations. Assisted with land protection program.
● Worked with land owners, conservation partners, government officials, donors, board members and public, generating support and implementing preserve projects.