- Columbus, OH
- May 22, 2019
I am a goal oriented work professional with concrete work experience and academic backgrounds from prestigious institutions. I have strong leadership and learning abilities with qualifications in data entry, manual and computerized, financial statement literacy, financial analyses, extreme software competence, merchandise and complementary product sales, community project organization, and community service organization. I can perform well in a range of environments including individual and team oriented environments. I am highly adaptable to any situation and I have great ability to work in diverse multicultural environments as well.Some important skills include leadership and literacy in all Windows and Office applications. Efficient with STATA, Sage 300, Sage 50, and Timberscan accounting software, Work and Asset Management, and Dynamics AX.
-Financial Mathematics Actuary Exam taken
• Maintained knowledge of purchasing laws
• Review orders for accuracy and verify that materials, equipment and stock are not available from current inventories.
• Compile reports, recording the quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and stock on hand, using manual or computerized inventory systems.
• Enter data for production scheduling, stock replenishment/relocation and inventory adjustments.
• Expanded my working knowledge of WAM and DAX software to assist collect more purchasing responsibilities.
• Accounts Payable
o Well versed in the Sage 300 and Timberscan accounting software. Knowledgable on Sage 50’s basic functions and can navigate through most of the software utilities.
o Participated in weekly check runs that involved: consolidating open invoice data, separating them by the responsible entities, filtering through the invoices to determine which of them will be paid, printing checks, and delivering them.
o Provided invoices with GL codes and entered them in the system
o Maintained vendors’ W-9s and deployed on many projects to update the mass of W-9s and 1099s for tax and organization purposes
• Team Activities
o Coordinated with AP employees to ensure smooth check runs
o Coordinated with accounting employees to optimize efficiency by indulging in their workload and tasks so that it’s completed on time
o Coordinated with the bank reconciler to find and correct any mistakes made during the month
o Acted as a filler piece for accounting employees on vacation or out of the office
o Worked with other interns and employees on a multitude of projects
o Provide anyone with any accounting information they seek or information in general
• Solo Activities
o Responsible for applying for employer identification numbers with the IRS when there were new acquisitions and notifying all top level management
o Entered cash transactions in the system along with their GL codes
o Created different cash worksheets and excel sheets that my supervisor needed
o Extracted data from our systems to erect different financial worksheets such as the balance sheet, income statements, and cash flow statement for each entity
o Kept a record of invoices and transactions related to the company boat
o Kept a record of bank deposits
o Started and completed projects tasked to me
o Executed any other tasks given to me by my supervisor or other managers
• Mentored children up to sixth grade
• Developed skills in filing and filing organization
• Learned how to interpret various financial statements and create corresponding drafts in Excel
• Served in many public speaking roles for recruitment and leadership exercises