Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Energy’s Sustainable Energy Use group is seeking a Senior Energy Engineer to join our Columbus, OH office in support of our energy efficiency implementation programs. This position will work in support of utility sponsored programs that encourage energy efficiency in commercial, industrial, schools and government buildings.
This position is based out of our Columbus, Ohio office.
Tasks May Include
- Lead a team of junior engineers and provide guidance in how to conduct energy and demand assessments of buildings and processes
- Interact with facility engineers / building managers to motivate them to implement energy efficiency upgrades in existing buildings.
- Perform customer focused, site-specific engineering analysis and evaluation of energy efficiency opportunities involving industrial process equipment, such as pumps, fans and compressed air systems, complex central plant systems and advanced HVAC equipment
- Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
- Conduct customer site inspections to verify the installation of energy efficient equipment. Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about installed equipment or programmatic information
- Plan and deliver presentations at meetings and training events for trade allies, customers, clients, and others
- Conduct on-site energy assessments and analyze the energy performance of commercial buildings to determine cost-effective energy efficiency upgrades.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required. An educational emphasis on energy and/or energy experience is strongly preferred
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or Energy Resources
- Minimum 10 years of related professional work experience required
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification and experience with end-use metering instrumentation.
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading a team of engineers
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of lighting, motors, and HVAC systems
- Knowledge of Energy codes and standards (IECC, ASHRAE, etc.)
- Experience with energy auditing ASHRAE levels 1, 2 and 3
- Knowledge of energy modeling (Trane Trace, eQuest, Energy Plus, HAP, etc.)
- Word and PowerPoint knowledge required
- Advanced level Excel skills required
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills for customer communication required
- Individual should display a positive, team-oriented attitude to match our friendly work environment
- Reliable transportation required
- Must be able to meet the requirements to drive for company business
Willingness and ability to travel, primarily by car throughout the Central Ohio service territory approximately up to 20% of the time
- Position will require onsite inspections and walking of the customer’s locations. Some light climbing
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.