What Transportation contributes to Cardinal Health:
The Transportation Manager position is a vital role in the Transportation COE and will be responsible for analyzing, presenting, and assisting with implementing transportation cost savings initiatives for a large 3PL Distribution Customer in Medical Distribution Centers. This position will collaborate with our 3PL Customer and Cardinal Logistics Managers to optimize transportation through customer compliance to terms and conditions, delivery frequency, delivery day alignment, and other transportation initiatives.
• Ability to establish clear priorities quickly.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Positive attitude, collaborative interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
• Ability to articulate with strong presentation skills, and excellent written communication abilities.
• High personal integrity and ethics with uncompromising standards.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve customer concerns and drive efficiencies.
What is expected of you and others at this level in Transportation for functional success
• Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
• Collaborates with others and builds strategic alliances
• Proactively develops and maintains technical knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up-to-date on current trends and best practices
• Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency.
Accountabilities in this role
• Collaborate and Escalate Optimization Opportunities to 3PL Customer
• Present Terms and Condition Compliance Opportunities to 3PL Customer
• Align Cardinal and 3PL Delivery Schedule to Optimize Delivery Routes
• Transportation Cost Reduction including, Route Optimizations, Mode Optimization and Deployment of Transportation Efficiency Tools
• Transportation Revenue Capture Through Value Added Services
• Present and implement cost savings ideas and opportunities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent area of study; advanced degree (Masters) a plus
• 5-7 years in related field preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Operations/Transportation (Transportation Management)
• Strong P&L, forecasting, and budgeting experience
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, business planning, financial analysis, negotiation, and customer satisfaction skills.
• Knowledge of DOT/FMCSA regulations
• Ability to travel ~25%
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.