What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
Product or Services Marketing is responsible for defining the product/service and market strategy and life cycle management including customer need identification, market research, product or service offering, pricing, positioning, promotion, branding an
- Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business.
- Identifies and remains current on market trends. Determines product/service lifecycle implications and makes recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building a business & marketing plan this includes identifying the appropriate channels to market.
- Has the ability to understand market trends and competitive positioning
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment.
- Works effectively across cross functional groups including but not limited to IT, communications, operations, and sales.
The Consumer Health team provides retail pharmacy solutions to maximize the retail opportunities in the front end of the pharmacy. We are a team of retail-focused advisers who help retail independent pharmacies with merchandising, pricing, placement and the right assortment of over-the-counter products.
This position is responsible for maintaining accurate budget reporting and processes, as well as, executing standard reports, marketing agreement updates, image library enhancements, and other support duties as needed.
Accountabilities in this role
Marketing Specialist is primarily responsible for the budget management, reporting, and image repository for the marketing team.
- Execute all primary budget tasks, including but not limited to, creating POs, processing invoices, identifying vendors late in invoicing, updating budget reports monthly, and highlighting any major budget wins/concerns
- Oversees the manufacturing billing process of our private label artwork process.
- Manages a series of marketing reports on a routine basis including their development, execution, and analysis for insight.
- Researches and updates image library to ensure brand adherence in advertising.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including: Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- SAP experience a plus.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problems
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed instructions
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
- Strong communication skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.