Travels to offsite locations to perform installation, maintenance, repairs and to overhaul products to ensure product performance. Renders technical advice and/or service on product application. May conduct training and service programs in the operation and maintenance of products. Markets service and extended maintenance contracts to existing Life Fitness customers while maintaining a high level of customer relations skills to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Schedules and travels to locations within territory to install, repair, maintain or refurbish company products at customer facilities and trade shows, as well as perform demonstrations as requested.
- Diagnoses problems with equipment, assesses the extent of the problem. Makes decision to repair product, replace parts, or recommends replacement of product.
- Demonstrates capacity for analyzing, evaluating, and diagnosing complex equipment problems in a timely fashion.
- Plans and conducts remote assignments generally involving multiple project timelines and possible conflicting priorities with appreciable latitude for unreviewed action and decision.
- May provide technical support to less experienced technicians where unresolved complex equipment problems exist.
- Installs products and provides operation and maintenance training to customers and assistance to authorized servicers in product training, repairs, installations and maintenance methods.
- May refurbish or recondition used equipment for resale and prepare equipment/products for shipping.
- Attends regional trade shows. May assist trade show staff with setting up and maintaining equipment used for trade shows and demonstrations.
- May make presentations independently or in conjunction with the sales or marketing departments on company product support features, customer service and/or programs.
- Maintains inventory of parts within acceptable shrinkage percentages set by Manager. Manages replenishment of necessary parts. Coordinates the disposition of exchanged parts.
- Exhibits a high degree of customer relations skills in servicing existing warrantied products and selling extended maintenance contracts.
- Maintains extensive service records (including collecting data for engineers) i.e., logs of customer site visits, maintenance reports, installation reports, technical alert reports, time and materials reports, and warranty/service contract work reports.
- Responsible for satisfying customer service /satisfaction measurements such as, customer response time, average on-site response time, and acceptable call completion rate percentages set by the National Field Service and Sales Manager.
- Responsible for meeting revenue and profit generation measurements such as, monthly volume of service contracts, minimum time and material revenue, and average monthly income.
- Performs other duties as required.