EXCEL QUALITY FIELD STAFF JOB DESCRIPTION
RTI International is seeking part-time child assessors to work on an early childhood center-based research study in Columbus, OH. This important research study, led by MDRC, is designed to learn more about children’s experiences in preschool settings. Child assessors will travel to participating early childhood centers to conduct 30-minute assessments with three and four-year old children. Candidates must be available to work mostly daytime, weekday hours, particularly between the hours of 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Additional work may be available past October as part of future phases of the study.
- Attend project training tentatively scheduled for August 19-22, 2019 in Durham, North Carolina.
- Pass certification requirements set forth by the project.
- Available to work, on average, 20 hours per week from August through early October 2019.
- Be willing to travel reasonable distances to reach assigned sites.
- Have strong attention to detail.
- Be able to complete, organize, and safely store paperwork.
- Be comfortable working in a preschool setting, and in all types of neighborhoods.
- Independently manage workload of approximately 2-3 early childhood centers.
- Adhere to all project deadlines and maintain accurate records of progress and administrative reports.
- Complete all required activities in a professional manner, while maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all information acquired.
- Must be 21 Years of age or older at time of employment.
- Have a minimum of an associate degree.
- Have reliable transportation, either with a personal vehicle or public transportation;
- A valid drivers’ license and automobile insurance as required by your state; Have regular access to an in-home internet connection to complete data collection tasks;
- Effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Psychology, or related field
- Experience working on school-based research studies, particularly in preschool settings
- Experience conducting direct assessments with children, using measures such as the Preschool Language Scales, Woodcock Johnson Tests of Achievement, or similar assessments
Paid in-person training will be held August 19-22, 2019 in Durham, North Carolina. Attendance at training is mandatory. Trainees must successfully complete training and certification to continue employment on the project.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org .
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: operating a computer, a phone, and other office machinery, driving to households; walking from car to household; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between households; ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines;, ability to work a varied schedule, including evening and weekend hours based on project needs; consistent demonstration of mental stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI procedure 4.2.1.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at www.rti.org/jobs.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here. #rti