This role will be focused on leading the Pharma Information Management and Business Insights team and will be an IT Solution Owner for continuous build program. As a core member of the data leadership team, this role will lead the Pharma Business Intelligence Data Operations team that is responsible for ensuring quality and performance of Pharma BI data platform while proving key business insights to develop business strategies and build frictionless customer and supplier experience.
What Business Intelligence contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Intelligence is responsible for applying business process knowledge and data analytics to develop, recommend and communicate timely, accurate, relevant, and actionable insights to support business decisions and objectives.
- Uses knowledge of business and data to discover and/or anticipate problems or opportunities where data can be leveraged to address the need.
- Asks probing questions to translate business needs in order to build and design reporting solutions (metric management, dashboards, enterprise performance management).
- Applies data visualization, descriptive and summary statistical techniques for discovery and timely insights (data exploration, ad-hoc queries, and analysis).
- Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues (forecasting), and develops alternatives to support business objectives.
- Applies data aggregation, descriptive analysis and data presentation techniques and tools to communicate complex findings and recommendations to influence others to take action.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums.
- Lead IT data operations team with accountability for high engagement and performance as an IT Product Owner of Pharma Information Management and Business Insights. The primary technology platforms include SAP HANA, Google Cloud Platform and Teradata.
- Lead change and drive engagement and collaboration with core team and content owners/stakeholders of other technology platforms.
- Serve as the IT Solution Owner for Continuous Build program. This program consists of several projects that will further extend the existing solution and mature the businesses access to data in SAP HANA and Google Cloud Platform.
- Lead the development of RFPs, RFIs and SOWs and resulting contract change orders for project and sustain work in the new Operating Model
- Understand and can clearly articulate the Pharma Segment business strategy and processes
- Lead teams in the SRT execution and resolution process
- Must be able to manage financial and project budgets; as well as adhere to forecasts and schedules
- Define and implement data governance processes and workflow
- Build key insights and operations dashboard to monitor business processes and KPI’s in real time to optimize and improve business outcomes
- Establish Service Level Agreements, Metrics and Dashboards to monitor data quality
- Collaborate with relevant business and functional heads to ensure alignment with tactical and strategic goals
- Manage solution configuration for assigned process areas
- Coordinate support integration team with cross process design and development
- Plan and manage solution testing for assigned process areas
- Lead IT teams for respective process area
- Monitor quality of deliverables/key project risks for the assigned projects
- Lead weekly team meeting and participate in weekly team leads and Integration meeting
- Support business and IT readiness efforts
- Accountable for on-time delivery with an acceptable level of cost and quality
- Manage financial and project budgets; as well as adhere to forecasts and schedules
- Work with other IT areas on cross-departmental/inter-company projects and new analytical requirements
- Develops and manage the staff technically and provides training, coaching and career development
- Provides leadership in a matrixed, cross functional environment
- Ability to proficiently understand business requirements/model and guide team to ensure that all activities leading to support are planned and scheduled
- Strong communicator; able to articulate complex ideas in simple terms
- Manages day-to-day support needs and drives forward progress
- Gain consensus from various parties involved
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information / transition plan / status to a variety of audiences and mediums
- Bachelors and Advanced Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years experience in related field preferred
- Prior experience with Data, Data platforms, Data Warehousing and SAP ERP is a must
- Experience with Cloud technologies and process is preferred
- Prior supervisory experience with teams supporting cross functional and global stakeholders
- Proven experience leveraging and driving operational excellence and process improvement
- Proven project management and change leadership
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the Pharma business processes
- Experience in supporting business solutions in an environment of disparate ERP platforms like SAP, Manhattan and legacy applications, processes and data sources
- Experience in planning, scheduling, budgeting, metrics, pilots and resources
- Knowledge and understanding of integrated solutions involving SAP ERP and other legacy systems
- Prior leadership experience in matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team that is comprised of on-shore and off-shore resources
- Deep understanding of various aspects of development including various development methodologies like Waterfall, RAD, Scrum, Extreme Programming
- Ability to recognize priorities and guide others towards the accomplishment of business goals and objectives
- Experience in dealing with business process and technology issues related to landscape transformation
- Demonstrated ability to set technology direction and oversee successful support of technology solutions
- Experience in developing data migration strategies from SAP environments
- Ability to define work processes and lead team members in successful implementation
- Ability to develop individuals and teams
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrates professional attitude and appearance consistent with position's responsibilities.
Self-motivated; capable of managing multiple tasks and proven track record of delivery of complex solutions in a high-pressure environment
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff may also manage front line supervisors
- Manages an organizational budget
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assists in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.