Hiring Full Time CDL B Drivers to make local deliveries around Columbus, OH.
Drivers are responsible for delivering dry wall and building materials in a commercial vehicle to different locations and job sites, including loading and unloading. Driver will have an assistant to help make deliveries.
•*Must have straight truck/flatbed and delivery experience**
Pay $18.50/hr; OT after 40 hrs
Weekend work available on a volunteer basis.
Flatbed deliveries, very physical
Some Trucks are automatics
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs pre-trip inspection including walking around truck for visuals and performing maintenance before equipment is used, documenting inspection.
• Checks all product loads before departure assuring product and paperwork match.
• Acts as lead on all job sites with instructing other team member(s) on onsite responsibilities
• Gets all proper signatures on paperwork after completion of delivery.
• Communicates with dispatcher before leaving job site for instruction on next assignment.
• Ensures truck is road ready by making sure load is secure and other pre-trip duties such as mounting of Teledyne and buckling of straps and or curtains; this includes being road ready when leaving job sites as well.
• Upon return to warehouse reloads for next delivery (same day or next morning).
• Assists in helping with customer loading in warehouse yard when necessary.
• Assists warehouse personnel in putting away material and general warehouse and yard housekeeping.
• Responsible for operating a forklift or Teledyne to load and unload materials.
• Performs other duties as assigned.