Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Workforce Solutions organization, has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Voice Engineer with a premier employer locally based in Columbus, Ohio. This opportunity is a 6 month contract with long term potential.
Applicants must have 3+ years of Voice/Engineering experience in an enterprise level environment. If you’d like to receive Job Alerts from Apex that match your specific criteria, visit itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com.
Company & Group Details of the Voice Engineer:
- Responsible for the basic upgrade, installation and maintenance of voice and mobile services through various regional carriers.
- The individual will need to be able to troubleshoot mid to high level issues, have a self-starter mentality while being able to be a team player, and a willingness to learn and utilize new technologies.
- A strong phone presence with great written and verbal skills.
- Work for one of the region’s Top Retail Companies.
The organization offers several perks including but not limited to: training opportunities, casual dress code, an onsite café and fitness center, heavily involved with the community and philanthropy.
Description for the Voice Engineer:
- Provide daily support for voice services for the enterprise network.
- Able to troubleshoot and triage voice and IP services for internal customers, colleagues, networking engineering teams, and vendors.
- Provide endpoint and end-user administrative tasks to enable features from Cisco Communications Manager.
- Accurately monitor circuit orders placed and received through its entirety to ensure completeness.
Technologies and Skills for the Voice Engineer:
- 3+ years of Voice Engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred or relevant work equivalence.
- Able to troubleshoot and triage voice and IP issues related to colleagues moving
- An understanding of dial plans, call flows, and converged voice and data networks
- Strong technical and functional documentation skills
- Working knowledge of Cisco route and switch protocols
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178