ASSISTANT MANAGER OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Maintain a positive associate relations (i.e. "issue-free ) work environment and direct the staffing, orientation, retention, payroll, legal compliance, and department business planning activities all consistent with the Company's commitment to equal opportunity and diversity.
- Act as a liaison in litigation matters with outside legal counsel including investigative activities and submission of required information to support the Company's position.
- Manage the Company's full-time and temporary associate staffing programs for timely and quality filling of position openings.
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate and complete employment records.
- Assist in development of company policy / procedure and its compliance.
- Prepare department business plan (BP) and required monthly, quarterly and annual BP reports for posting and BOD review.
- Evaluate department goal results and prepare detailed analyses / explanation for review.
- Oversee Client plan v. actual for facility.
- Oversee unemployment compensation claim process, QEMS / Corporate Governance / J-SOX / SQCD compliance, new associate orientation, job posting, payroll function, HRIS utilization, staff and career development, employment records (i.e. privacy), maintenance of training records, coaching and counseling actions (i.e. fairness / consistency.)
- Keep abreast of legislation affecting employment practices.
- Review and approve standard associate counseling's prior to issue.
- Assist supervision in suspension / separation actions.
Minimum B.S. degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent.
- Five (5+) years experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and statues.
- SPHR or PHR certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities within all levels of the Company.
- Strong management and organizational abilities.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Able to maintain absolute confidentiality in all aspects of Human Resources work.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.