One of the largest fully regulated utility companies in the United States, serving approximately 3.5 million natural gas customers and 500,000 electric customers across seven states seeking an Administrative Assistant with a legal background.
In-house legal department supporting the Litigation, Labor & Employment, & Real Estate/ Commercial sections.
Candidates must have experience supporting legal departments. The client is NOT looking for paralegals.
- Draft documents of various legal disciplines, manage schedules, and ensure the efficient and effective administration on the office
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations in legal documents
- Compile, proofread and revise drafts of legal documents and reports
- Makes decisions within scope of position and authority as well as independent decisions regarding planning, organizing and scheduling work for self
- Conduct legal research
- Create and organize information, and generate reference tools for easy use by the office
- Maintain and update databases and tracking systems.
- Provides administrative support to management or a team
- Utilizes many different systems from word processing, spreadsheets, ERP and other software used by the business
- Work will include general duties such as:
- budget assistance
- managing team requests for travel
- meeting room bookings
- time sheet/expense entry
- systems support
- staff changes
- manage team correspondence
- other secretarial duties.
- 401 (k)
- minimal essential health coverage